Re: python25 removed

On Thu, 04 Oct 2012 21:12:34 +0900, John Marino <netbsd%marino.st@localhost>
wrote:

After removing the PYTHON_VERSIONS_ACCEPTED line of their makefiles, I
was able to build sysutils/salt and textproc/py-pdf-parser with python
2.7 with no apparent issues.  Those two package akefiles should be updated.

For py-pdf-parser, you can find comments that it will not worked well with 2.7
in its HOMEPAGE.
It means other packages potentially have same issue
(build&install fine, but not worked as expected).

I think we should only have two versions of python in pkgsrc (2.x and
3.x) but I'll leave 3.1 alone for another day.  :)

3.1 is the last version not following PEP 3147.
Before removing it, PLIST handling should be improved
(for example, print-PLIST).

--
OBATA Akio / obache%NetBSD.org@localhost