Re: KDE and the compose key

On Sunday 09 September 2012 14:54:00 Jaap Boender wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Possible other clues: kded4 seems to take up around 25% of CPU time
> constantly, and KNotify crashes fairly frequently.

I found that the kded4 CPU usage is caused by file polling. Patching qt4-libs
to enable kqueue eliminates the load. The downsite is that you need to bump
the open files limit from 256 to 3500 or so.

The KNotify crashes go away if you turn off sound notifications in "System
Notification Configuration" -> "Manage Notifications" -> "Player Settings"

Sorry, no idea about the compose key issue.

Regards,
Sverre