Re: Duplicity and boto

On 09/04/12 08:55, Thomas Klausner wrote:
On Tue, Sep 04, 2012 at 08:39:14AM -0400, Steve Sartorius wrote:
As part of my ongoing saga to backup my NetBSD box to Amazon's S3
cloud I took a look at duplicity (http://duplicity.nongnu.org/) and
boto (https://github.com/boto/boto) in pkgsrc.  Unfortunately, the
versions in pkgsrc (duplicity-0.6.16 and py-boto-1.9) don't allow
for a connection to S3.  I manually upgraded to the newest versions
of each (duplicity-0.6.19 and boto-2.5.2) and was able to
successfully backup a folder to S3 -- I still need to do more
testing to make sure everything is working correctly, though.  Would
it be possible to upgrade the versions of these programs in pkgsrc
to the newest available?  I'd rather manage my box using pkgsrc than
just adding stuff ad-hoc...
Can you please send two PRs (one for each of the two) with the patches
you used for updating the packages?
  Thomas

PRs submitted! Also did a little more testing using these new versions -- I'm able to upload and restore
a test directory successfully so they seem to work.

Steve