Changes like PKGREVISION++ for graphics/ilmbase 1.0.2nb2 will kill off the pkgsrc user testing community

I understand that it is part of the recommendations for pkgsrc
developers to bump version numbers when making such changes, but in my
opinion, changes like the PKGREVISION++ for graphics/ilmbase 1.0.2nb2
will kill off the pkgsrc user testing community.

The change is to make ilmbase build on one platform, MirBSD.  The
number of users who were affected by this problem may be in the single
digits, and they could be told to make update the dependencies though
whatever MirBSD channels exist to communicate such changes.  They
would have to follow these channels to be using a package that does
not even stock build on their platform.

By bumping the version number, this change now impacts every other
platform whose users are using say pkg_rolling-replace.  As it happens
it appears the cascading dependencies force rebuilding qt and kde4 if
using pkg_rolling-replace.  Now I understand there are ways to avoid
such things, but I would argue that every additional hoop halves the
potential user testing community.

Repeat this process every day for who knows what packages and it
simply becomes impossible for the pkgsrc user testing community to
easily keep track of current pkgsrc, and their feedback withers away.
Given some of the bugs I have encountered in basic packages, I believe
this process has already occurred.