Re: libcroco and xz

  I can reproduce it now. It is *not* a false alarm. libxml2 should be
  pulling in a full xz dependency, since libxml2.so depends on it now, but
  it only gets counted as build dependency.

On my system (the one with the trouble), libxml2 depends on xz.

  $ pkg_info libxml2
  Information for libxml2-2.8.0nb2:

  Comment:
  XML parser library from the GNOME project

  Requires:
  xz>=5.0.0
  xmlcatmgr>=2.0beta1

But, I see in objdump -x of libcroco-0.6.so.3:

  Dynamic Section:
    NEEDED      libglib-2.0.so.0
    NEEDED      libpcre.so.1
    NEEDED      libintl.so.0
    NEEDED      libxml2.so.2
    NEEDED      libz.so.1
    NEEDED      liblzma.so.5
    NEEDED      libm.so.0
    NEEDED      libpthread.so.0
    NEEDED      libc.so.12
    SONAME      libcroco-0.6.so.3
    RPATH       /usr/pkg/lib

As I understand it, the NEEDED from objdump are the libraries to be
linked directly, and don't include those that are linked due to
dependent libraries.  But maybe I'm confused - it would be really nice
if ldd somehow told you what was direct and what was indirect.

Is the check trying to verify that all libraries that are directly
listed in a shlib belonging to this package are in a package that has a
direct dependency?