Re: Solaris 10 problem: tnftp fails to build

Hello,

> > one problem solved, another opened...having bootstrapped pkgsrc
> > successfully now on my Blade-1000 running Solaris 10, I stumbled
> > into another problem:
> >
> > While attempting to install editors/vim, tnftp was dragged in and
> > failed to install with this error (see attachment for more
> > information):
> >
> > cc -O -I/usr/include -I. -I./.. -I. -I.. -I./../libedit
> > -I./../libnetbsd -I/usr/include -c util.c bmake: don't know how to
> > make ../libedit/libedit.a. Stop
> >
> > bmake: stopped in /pkgsrc/work/net/tnftp/work/tnftp-20070806/src
> > *** Error code 2
> >
> > I actually wonder why tnftp is dragged in at all, as I use the
> > following line in my mk.conf:
> >
> > FETCH_CMD= /usr/bin/ftp
> >
> > and that should take care of how to fetch packages...what exactly is
> > tnftp then required for?
>
> Because you didn't request the change of your fetch command in
> FETCH_USING.

Thanks, Aleksej, I did indeed forget to add that line.
After correcting that, though, I had to find out that either
Solaris' /usr/bin/ftp is -completely- different, I don't know what's
wrong. Somehow, /usr/bin/ftp seems to think that the filename (e.g.
7.2.001-100.gz) is the hostname to connect to - which is wrong of
course. So it seems I do need tnftp afterall, and with that I am back
at square one, having trouble to compile it because of that "unknown
target".

Help is appreciated.

- Volkmar

--