Re: coreutils and GNU_PROGRAM_PREFIX

Thanks, Aleksey, this sounds like a good plan.

At Joyent, I've gone to non-trivial lengths to make GNU_PROGRAM_PREFIX the
other way, i.e. all tools install prefix-less, and we use pkg_alternatives to
provide g-prefixed ones (just because the life on SunOS can be unpredictable
and there is a lot of scripts out there assume g-prefixed GNU tools). This
turned out quirky at times.

A specific 'gnu' directory with prefix-less GNU tools, showing up first in PATH
sounds like a lot easier approach.

-F