Re: PR 45833 (mplayer related crash): Workarounds / alternatives?

On Sat, May 05, 2012 at 09:23:15AM +0530, Mayuresh wrote:
> I am trying to build vlc as an alternative, though it has heavy

vlc works for me after a time taking build now. However, when playing a
long movie, the screen gets switched off though audio continues after a
few minutes (perhaps due to power saving setting).

However, no keystroke, mouse move, Ctrl-Alt-F1 etc brings the screen back.

Only way is to login over network and reboot or use the power button to
power off.

Is this a system issue? Any solution to that?

PS: vlc version was  vlc-1.1.13nb5 on NetBSD 6.0 BETA
Also tried vlc2, though it dumps core for me. Also not sure whether this
should be seen as a vlc problem.

Mayuresh.