Re: www/firefox build problem

On 04/29/12 00:31, David H. Gutteridge wrote:
>> Just updated pkgsrc-current, and building firefox 12 yields [a build
>> failure].
>>
>> NetBSD/amd64 5.1.
>>
>> I use cpuflags, which produces:
>>
>> -mfpmath=sse -msse3 -march=nocona
>>
>> ...which may or may not be relevant.
>
> Which version of GCC are you using?  The hacks.mk file for xulrunner
> removes any -march flags supplied on i386 for GCC <4.4 because of
> SSE2 code generation problems in older versions of GCC.  Perhaps the
> latest Firefox code base is also exposing an issue for amd64. I would
> try disabling cpuflags for the build, that could fix the problem
> (albeit without giving you the most optimized code, obviously).

   This was on NetBSD/amd64 5.1_PATCH, having "gcc version 4.1.3
20080704 prerelease (NetBSD nb2 20081120)".

   I tried without cpuflags, but it ran into the same problem (which is
rather odd; it makes me wonder what the sse-flags do (or rather, the
lack of them)..). On my NetBSD 6 beta machine, with "gcc version 4.5.3
(NetBSD nb2 20110806)", the problem does not occur (also on amd64).

   I'm taking the easy route for now, and simply upgrading to NetBSD 6
beta on my main machine too.

--
Kind regards,
Jan Danielsson