clang builds

Hello,

   On NetBSD/amd64 6 beta (built with clang) I tried building, using clang:

sysutils/checkperms
pkgtools/lintpkgsrc
pkgtools/pkglint
pkgtools/pkgdepgraph
pkgtools/pkg_install
pkgtools/pkg_comp
pkgtools/pkgfind
pkgtools/pkg_leaves
pkgtools/createbuildlink
devel/cpuflags
comms/minicom
devel/libevent
devel/apr
devel/apr-util
net/rsync
security/stunnel
net/wget
security/sudo
archivers/unrar
archivers/zip
archivers/p7zip
sysutils/pwgen
www/lynx
editors/vim-gtk2
security/gnupg
lang/python27
devel/scmgit
devel/subversion-base
meta-pkgs/modular-xorg
wm/fluxbox
x11/xscreensaver
x11/xscreensaver-demo
net/rtorrent
www/firefox
mail/thunderbird
graphics/gimp
graphics/gimp-ufraw
graphics/gqview
graphics/xli
graphics/graphviz
databases/postgresql91
databases/py-sqlite3
www/apache22
www/ap2-wsgi
print/teTeX
print/tex-babel
print/xpdf
print/gv
multimedia/mplayer
multimedia/mencoder
chat/xchat
chat/pidgin
chat/pidgin-otr
chat/pidgin-silc
emulators/qemu
misc/pinfo
devel/doxygen
devel/meld
math/gnumeric
graphics/dia
graphics/dia-python
net/wireshark
graphics/mscgen

   All but the following were successful:

gimp
gnumeric
modular-xorg
pidgin
pidgin-silc
rtorrent
gimp-ufraw
mencoder
mplayer
pidgin-otr
qemu
teTeX

   I may have fixed teTeX (a patch was supplied to maintainer of the
relevant dependency which failed). I was slightly surprised to see
pidgin fail with:

ERROR: ************************************************************
ERROR: The following files are in /usr/pkg but not in the PLIST:
ERROR:
/pkg_comp/obj/pkgsrc/chat/libpurple/default/.destdir/usr/pkg/share/gconf/schemas/purple.schemas

   .. but it appears to pass with gcc. I find it to be peculiar, but I
guess there's a simple explanation. (?)

   rtorrent fails with:

poll_select.cc:126:28: error: cannot allocate function type
'rak::cacheline_allocator<> ()' with new
  block_type* block = new (rak::cacheline_allocator<>()) block_type;

   As others have remarked before, most of problems clang runs into  are
inline assembler issues. Is it worth looking into these more, or is it
merely a question of waiting for clang to get the appropriate inline
assembler extensions? (I read someone claim that clang doesn't support
inline assembler at all, but the error messages seem to indicate that it
understands the assembler part, but not specific syntaxes).

--
Kind regards,
Jan Danielsson