Re: thunderbird build failure?

Hi,

From: Greg Troxel <gdt%ir.bbn.com@localhost>, Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 06:14:53
-0400

> Ryo ONODERA <ryo_on%yk.rim.or.jp@localhost> writes:
>
>>> I also have thunderbird/xulrunner 8 installed so don't know if its
>>> picking something up from there.
>
> It was; removing the old pkg fixed the build.
>
>> Probably these problems are caused from LDFLAGS in Makefile.
>> I will try to fix the problems.
>
> Thanks - I looked at the output and spotted /usr/pkg/lib someplace in
> the link line, which probably explains it.
>
> xulrunner might have the same issue; 11 failed to build for me with 8
> installed, but I haven't moved on to that yet.

All my attempts had failed.
Fixing these problems causes other rpath problems.
Then firefox cannot boot.

Fedora Linux and Arch Linux have same approach to this problem.
That is "LDFLAGS+=-Wl,-rpath,${PREFIX}/lib/xulrunner" for devel/xulrunner.

NixOS has another approch.
That is using patchelf tool (pkgsrc/devel/chrpath like tool).

If someone finds good patches, please tell me.

Thank you.

--
Ryo ONODERA // ryo_on%yk.rim.or.jp@localhost
PGP fingerprint = 82A2 DC91 76E0 A10A 8ABB  FD1B F404 27FA C7D1 15F3