Re: Unmarked dependency on python 2.5 in devel/glib2?

On Sun, Jan 29, 2012 at 01:46:31PM +0100, Ian D. Leroux wrote:
> With pkgsrc updated a few minutes, make package in devel/glib2 fails
> with:

> gmake[5]: Entering
> directory`/pkg_comp/obj/pkgsrc/devel/glib2/default/glib-2.30.2'
> /bin/sh ./config.status --recheck
> gmake[5]: Leaving directory
> `/pkg_comp/obj/pkgsrc/devel/glib2/default/glib-2.30.2'
>   GEN gdbus-test-codegen-generated.c
> env: python2.5: No such file or directory
> gmake[4]: *** [gdbus-test-codegen-generated.c] Error 127
>
> I'm building this in a pkg_comp chroot, which is why python isn't
> available until and unless it gets installed as a dependency.  Should
> python be added to glib2's dependency list, or is something else going
> on?

I spent most of last week working on upgrading the glib2 package - I didn't
post the package as I hadn't formulated the python question (and hadn't
excised pkg-config) yet. Seems that work was wasted...

gdbus-codegen is a python program.
Not to be confused with the test framework which needs python.

To quote its man page

  gdbus-codegen is used to generate code and/or documentation for one
  or more D-Bus interfaces. The tool reads Introspection XML files and
  generates output files. The tool currently supports generating C code
  and Docbook XML.

So basically, if we want gdbus-codegen, we need to add the python dependency...

Cheers,

Patrick