Re: Getting audio work

On Sat, Nov 12, 2011 at 04:19:10PM +0100, Jonathan Gabris wrote:
> Check in the BIOS, there should be an option for the audio hardware.
> Switch it to whatever else is there that is not HDMI related.

Strangely I don't see anything whatsoever about audio in BIOS barring
a non editable "Device Info" tab where various devices are listed.

> On Sat, Nov 12, 2011 at 4:09 PM, Mayuresh <mayuresh%acm.org@localhost> wrote:
> > # dmesg | grep -i audio
> > azalia0 at pci0 dev 27 function 0: Generic High Definition Audio
> > Controller
> > azalia0: codec[1] has no audio function groups
> > audio0 at azalia0: full duplex, playback, capture, independent
> > audio1 at pad0: half duplex, playback, capture
> >

> > Is this a supported hardware? If not, what are the options - will it need
> > a custom kernel with drivers compiled in?

I am attaching the device description as seen on Linux, if at all it could
help:

00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) HD Audio
Controller (rev 02)
        Subsystem: Dell Dell Latitude D630
        Control: I/O- Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop-
ParErr- Stepping- SERR+ FastB2B- D
isINTx+
<TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR-
 INTx-
        Latency: 0, Cache Line Size: 64 bytes
        Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 45
        Region 0: Memory at fe9fc000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16K]

Mayuresh.