Re: major change in handling build tools?

On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 3:48 PM, OBATA Akio <obache%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:
> As far as I know, builtin perl support was added for Darwin few years ago,
> but reverted because of various issues.

I think native perl is next to impossible. Usually when pkgsrc's perl
is updated, a lot of depending packages follow soon, and several of
them demand the version of pkgsrc's perl, or at least one that is very
close. The native perl is not updated nearly in the same pace. (I just
checked. I think we have all the latest patches from Oracle, but
/usr/bin/perl is at v5.8.4). And juggling with environment variables
so that the native perl finds pkgsrc's perl modules *plus* maybe those
installed by a user in a private location?

--
Joern Clausen
http://thebloeg.blogspot.com/