Re: major change in handling build tools?

On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 03:24:43PM +0200, Jörn Clausen wrote:
> > Can you wait until after the freeze?
>
> If only pkg-info and perl are affected and you tell me how to fix perl
> (I understand that TOOLS_PLATFORM.perl is not sufficient)? Yes.

Setting TOOLS_PLATFORM.perl= should be sufficient as a workaround.

> But is it wise to freeze a version that is broken on SunOS?

You're right, that doesn't help anyone. The fix for pkg-config is
trivial, so I'll just commit that. And I'll disable setting
TOOLS_PLATFORM.perl for now.

Hans

--
%SYSTEM-F-ANARCHISM, The operating system has been overthrown