Re: Migrating ports from XFree86 to Xorg (Was: Changing default X11_TYPE from native to modular for some platforms)

On 20 wrz 2011, at 11:34, David Brownlee wrote:

> Given the quantity of amiga grf drivers it may well make more sense to
> port the X drivers across from XFree86 to xorg, at least for the near
> to medium term.

Right, I might look into it, however my knowledge of X internals is near zero.
I'll gladly take any help.

> I suspect that once you have the PCI subsystem
> complete and running graphics cards (excellent project btw :), those
> cards would be supported under wscons and that may pull amiga towards
> more wsdisplay usage...

I have genfb already attaching and displaying on some cards, but it is not
usable yet, because amiga-specific console code needs rework to support
wsdisplay-on-PCI. Besides, genfb currently works only after AmigaOS boot
(someone needs to initialize the card and amiga has no PCI graphics firmware,
except for CVPPC/BVPPC cards).

--
Best regards,
Radoslaw Kujawa