binary package for meta-pkg (Re: newbie destdir question

Let me rephrase the answer a little bit.
The target of make file, is aparantly two types.

  Even if the target is 'packgage', the dependency required to
be installed.

  And if the ultimate one is meta-pkg, the difference of
'package' and 'package-install' for this particular case is
trivial.  The latter will build following file and the former
doesn't.
ftp://ftp.jp.netbsd.org/pub/pkgsrc/packages/NetBSD/i386/5.1_2010Q3/All/gnome-2.26.2nb2.tgz
(I don't find the most recent one on ftp.netbsd.org, sorry for
somewhat outdated example.)

'make package' on meta-pkg will install whole thing.

  The advantage is for this relatively small file mentioned
above is that you may get whole thing of gnome just by
'pkg_add gnome'.  (assuming PKG_PATH is correctly points to
the chunk of binary packages).

  In the case with for example 'make clean', it does not have
any dependency. If you issue make clean on top of pkgsrc src
tree, it sweeps all the directory and do 'make clean' everywhere.

Please correct me if I am writing wrong.
Thanks a lot,
---
Makoto Fujiwara,
Chiba, Japan, Narita Airport and Disneyland prefecture.