Re: Changing default X11_TYPE from native to modular for some platforms (Was: What platforms work with X11_TYPE=native)

On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 01:23:29PM +0100, David Brownlee wrote:
> On 13 September 2011 13:01, Jukka Ruohonen <jruohonen%iki.fi@localhost> wrote:
> > On Sat, Sep 10, 2011 at 05:30:02PM +0100, David Brownlee wrote:
> >> Changed - older versions switched from native to modular
> >> - NetBSD - native for NetBSD-4 and later
> >
> > Does this mean that I can no longer use binary packages that are compiled
> > against native X.org? If so, please fix that first.
>
> You can absolutely continue to use existing binary packages. What has
> changed is any new source builds will build against modular X11 libs &
> dependencies.

To clarify: is NetBSD > 4.0 now using modular X.org by default or vice versa?

As far as I know, all binary packages from e.g. ftp.netbsd.org are built
against native X.org.

- Jukka.