Re: Changing default X11_TYPE from native to modular for some platforms (Was: What platforms work with X11_TYPE=native)

On 10 September 2011 19:08, Jörn Clausen <joernc%googlemail.com@localhost>
wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 10, 2011 at 6:30 PM, David Brownlee <abs%netbsd.org@localhost>
> wrote:
>> - SunOS.mk
>
> I think SunOS should switch as well, but it might depend on the exact
> version of the OS (Solaris 8/9/10 vs. OpenSolaris and derivates), and
> it probably depends on the compiler (Sun Studio vs. GCC, maybe even
> GCC3 vs GCC4). At least on Solaris 10 with GCC3, native X11 is
> practically impossible, because the header files confuse the compiler.

I'm happy enough to make it conditional on the combination of compiler
& OS version for SunOS, but I'm tending towards a specific whitelist
for native.

Is *anyone* using native on any versions of Solaris or derivatives?