Problems with firefox 5

I've recently replaced my older firefox 3.x with the latest and greatest firefox-5 package, and it is not working very well. For example, a Yahoo search (for "gdium") yields a mostly blank page, with no text and just a few small graphics, and accessing http://websudoku.com/ yields a puzzle without any of the pre-filled boxes being visible! (It also fails to display any content when I try to manage my local D-link wireless router, but I'm not going to let you look at that one!)

This is on a amd64 running NetBSD 5.99.55 built from sources updated on 2011-08-10 at 23:23:58 UTC. Firefox is

        Information for firefox-5.0nb1:

        Requires:
        sqlite3>=3.7.6.3nb1
        jpeg>=8nb1
        libIDL>=0.8.14nb1
        gtk2+>=2.24.4nb1
        xulrunner>=5.0nb1
        desktop-file-utils>=0.10nb1

        Built using:
        sqlite3-3.7.7.1
        jpeg-8c
        libIDL-0.8.14nb1
        gtk2+-2.24.5
        xulrunner-5.0nb1
        desktop-file-utils-0.15nb1
        digest-20080510
        zip-3.0nb2
        xulrunner-5.0nb1
        autoconf213-2.13nb1
        gmake-3.82nb2
        perl-5.12.2nb2
        pkg-config-0.25nb1
        x11-links-0.65
        python26-2.6.7

I'm in the process of downgrading to firefox36 - hopefully that will work a little bit better.

| Customer Service | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 | paul at whooppee.com    |