stand-alone versions of mtree for other platforms?

This is not strictly a pkgsrc question, for which I apologise, however
I've grown to love the utility of mtree for comparing disparate
directory trees and hunting down discrepancies and I would like to use
this utility on non-NetBSD platforms and hosts where I haven't got
pkgsrc ... are there stand-alone versions of mtree for Solaris 10 on
SPARC and SLES 11 on x86?

I did try to grab the mtree pkgsrc directory and attempt to compile that
up directly on Solaris however I get a number of errors that appear to
arise because I don't have an nbcompat.h ...

I could unpack the whole of pkgsrc on these platforms and then bootstrap
each, but it seems to be overkill just for one binary ...

What's the best way to do this?

Regards,
Malcolm

--
Malcolm Herbert                                This brain intentionally
mjch%mjch.net@localhost                                                left