Re: adding builtin support

> Probably, on your environment, compiler will not pick up include files
> in /usr/sfw/include, linker will not picked up libraries in /usr/sfw/lib and
> dynamic linker will not search shared libraries in /usr/swf/lib by default.

The compiler knows nothing about /usr/sfw, it's lang/gcc34 from
pkgsrc. And even Sun's ld should have no special magic wrt to
/usr/sfw/lib.

> Probably, /usr/sfw is added to BUILDINK_PASSTHRU_DIRS, the issue will be
> gone away.
> I don't know where it should be handled.

I've tried adding

BUILDLINK_PASSTHRU_DIRS = /usr/sfw/include /usr/sfw/lib
BUILDLINK_PASSTHRU_RPATHDIRS = /usr/sfw/lib

to my local mk.conf, and alternatively to security/openssl/builtin.mk.
Both versions did the trick. Thanks, once more :)

> I'm not sure if /usr/sfw is considered as builtin, but maybe,
> pkgsrc/mk/buildlink3/bsd.buildlink3.mk should be changed,
> like handlinkg X11BASE.

I think putting it in security/openssl/builtin.mk would be the easiest:

.      if !empty(H_OPENSSLV:M/usr/sfw/*)
BUILDLINK_PREFIX.openssl=       /usr/sfw
BUILDLINK_PASSTHRU_DIRS = /usr/sfw/include /usr/sfw/lib
BUILDLINK_PASSTHRU_RPATHDIRS = /usr/sfw/lib

Then setting PREFER_NATIVE=openssl is all that has to be done, and the
principle of least surprise is adhered to. I'm not sure about the
exact syntax, i.e. how to handle other packages setting/extending
these variables.

--
Joern Clausen
http://thebloeg.blogspot.com/