Re: Fwd: 'C++ preprocessor "/lib/cpp" fails sanity check' while making sysutils/py-notify

> For the archives (and as you already noticed off-list): yes, it is in
> base.tgz. IIRC, cpp is considered usefull beyound C developement (and
> used to be needed in some parts of NIS setup or similar things).
>
> Martin

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the information!

The problem was created by lang/gcc34 package, which overwrite at
least /usr/bin/gcc and /usr/bin/cpp.

Since those files were overwritten, removing /lang/gcc34 did not
recover them. I suspect it as a bug, that
1) /usr/gcc34 overwrites important compiling files which shipped as
'core components';
2) Removing /usr/gcc34 doesn't erase nor restore those overwritten files.

Xianwen