Re: lang/perl5 needs MAKE_JOBS_SAFE=no

2011/4/7 Francis GUDIN <francis.lists.pkgsrc-users%fug-fr.org@localhost>:
> Hi,
>
> There's a race during perl's building process: see
>
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/perl/porters/259782
> (just been hit by the issue)

The chance getting hit by this race condition seems to be really rare.

> Should I send-pr for that ?

Probably - at least for documentation purposes. If someone gets
hit, we know the upstream ticket number already and probably
we have a fix available (or can develop an own and submit it).

> And what's the best place to add
> MAKE_JOBS_SAFE=no, Makefile or Makefile.common ?

IIRC, Makefile.common is used by p5-* packages, too.
So I'd tend to put it into Makefile, if any.

/Jens