Re: [HEADSUP] Removing vulnerable packages

 >>>   gdb: this is to provide gdb for platforms other than NetBSD, which
 >>>   don't already have it native?  It seems like there's little call for
 >>>   this and thus ok to remove, but perhaps

> I didn't mean to speak up for the gdb package.  I don't understand it's
> purpose, as the in-tree gdb seems better for NetBSD.

JFYI. At work I was using gdb from pkgsrc for many years due to problems
with native gdb from Debian/etch. It segfaulted in some tricky
situations.  devel/gdb worked just perfectly.  So, I'd say this package
is very useful but it needs to be updated.

--
Best regards, Aleksey Cheusov.