Re: chromium crash

Hi,
Sorry, it seems it is long time that the source has not been updated.
I just commit some patches after doing a lite debug under NetBSD/i386 5.1.
Please update and test it again.

On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 07:37:41AM +0200, Adam Hoka wrote:

> I have installed chromium from wip (with options 'codecs', if that matters),

It doesn't matter about that option. But I am not sure if use new compiler
version will do some help. I still attempt to make it works on the builtin gcc
4.1.3. Maybe it is worth to try it with newer gcc or clang.

> and I get a nice core dump on startup:

> #0  0x09cabbb0 in malloc ()
> (gdb) bt
> #0  0x09cabbb0 in malloc ()
> #1  0x088915a4 in __locatime50 ()
> #2  0x0889164c in __locatime50 ()
> #3  0x0806d3c9 in ?? ()
> #4  0x0ab8b8c0 in ?? ()
> #5  0x0ab8f24c in __progname ()
> #6  0xbfbfeb10 in ?? ()
> #7  0x0ab8d0d4 in ?? ()
> #8  0x08064c48 in _init ()
> #9  0x0806d26e in ?? ()
> #10 0x09cad1f0 in ?? ()
> #11 0x00000000 in ?? ()
>
> I am on NetBSD Current-ish (5.99.48), is this a known problem?
> I guess i should recompile with debug set...

The same result has been reported by wiz in three months ago and the message
is different from the NetBSD-5.1. You will need a powerful machine to build
with debug set, especially on amd64 platform. It eats much ram and swap.

-rxg