Re: [HEADS UP] Package removal -- please check

On Fri, 18 Feb 2011, Andrew Ball wrote:
I occasionally use...
graphics/cnxtview
graphics/cpia2view
graphics/spcaview

...and was hoping to try...
geography/gpsdrive
...but would understand if it were removed from pkgsrc.
How difficult would it be to port the webcam viewers to a more recent gtk?

The best solution would be port them to uvideo(4) in the kernel...

I spent some time on writing an ov51x driver, but at the time I couldn't get uvideo(4) to work for me even on devices that were previously supported, so I think I wasted a lot of time on wild goose chases. Then life intervened.

--
Stephen