comms/asterisk18 lacks spandsp support

Hello,
I've successfully built Asterisk 1.8 from pkgsrc because I am planning to
switch a PBX from Debian Linux to NetBSD (5.1 stable).
Asterisk works, but it has just faxing support over T38 and not the
(unreliable, but often useful) Audio fax transmission. This is acheived using
the "spandsp" library (not present in pkgsrc, just in wip). But actually the
Asterisk in pkgsrc doesn't support it at all. I've tried to compile the wip one
and install it, modify the Makefile to enable the support but the build stops
because it cannot find the spandsp files (correctly present in
/usr/pkg/include).
Did anybody ever had this problem/solved in any way? Thank you!