pkgtools/osabi from pkgsrc-2010Q4 fails to install on aix 5.3

I'm trying to install pkgtools/osabi since it's a dependency for other packages I want to install.  I'm using gcc on aix 5.3, and below is the error I'm getting:

===> Installing for osabi-AIX-5.3.0.0
=> Running PRE-INSTALL script actions
The Operating System version (5.3) does not match 5.3.0.0
*** Error code 1

Stop.
bmake: stopped in /jxr/pkgsrc/pkgtools/osabi
*** Error code 1

Stop.
bmake: stopped in /jxr/pkgsrc/pkgtools/osabi
*** Error code 1

Stop.
bmake: stopped in /jxr/pkgsrc/pkgtools/osabi

pkgsrc reports the OS_VERSION as 5.3.0.0.  The INSTALL script figures out the OS_VERSION, but then takes only the first 2 numbers, resulting in 5.3, so that's why the values are different.  My suspicion is that the INSTALL script shouldn't be taking only the first 2 numbers.  Prior to version 5, aix used the first 3 of the 4 digits in the oslevel output to distinguish os level.  For example, 4.3.3.0 or 4.3.1.0.

Should the INSTALL script be changed to look at all 4 numbers in the oslevel output?