Re: LIBPATH issues on AIX

On 12/17/10 12:00 PM, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 11:35:04AM -0500, Louis Guillaume wrote:
On AIX[1], we just installed some AIX-base-system software that
included it's own /usr/lib/libexpat.so as a 32-bit object. But
pkgsrc has /usr/pkg/lib/libexpat.so as a 64-bit object for
fontconfig et al.

I don't have a modern AIX system at hand, so where are 32bit and 64bit
libraries stored?

It would appear they are stored in the same directories (/lib, /usr/lib, /usr/pkg/lib). Not sure I understand the question.

Sane ELF systems silently skip objects of the wrong
type, making this easier.

I guess I'm dealing with an not-so-sane XCOFF system :)

I know that AIX's ld lets us embed library paths into the loader, but in the past it's caused objects to look in the buildlink-time directory for the package rather than the normal library locations.

I will try to build with LDFLAGS=-blibpath:/usr/pkg/lib:/usr/lib:/lib and see what happens...

Louis