Re: x11/kdelibs4 problems

On Sun, 12 Dec 2010 09:02:07 +1300
Mark Davies <mark%ecs.vuw.ac.nz@localhost> wrote:

> On Sunday 12 December 2010 05:05:56 Sad Clouds wrote:
> > Nope, I'm still getting the same error:

> > ----- -- The following REQUIRED packages could NOT be located on
> your
> > system. -- You must install these packages before continuing.

> > ----- * DocBook XML  <http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.2>
> >      XML DTDs for DocBook 4.2
> >      Needed for building the KDE help system.
> >    * DocBook XSL
> <http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/>
> >      Stylesheets for processing DocBook XML
> >      Needed for building the KDE help system.
>

> What does the configure output say slightly earlier?
>
>     [...]
> -- Found LibXslt: /usr/pkg/lib/libxslt.so
> -- Found LibXml2: /usr/pkg/lib/libxml2.so
> -- Found DocBookXML: /usr/pkg/share/xml/docbook/4.2
> -- Found DocBookXSL: /usr/pkg/share/xsl/docbook
>     [...]
>
> Can you look at
> kdelibs4/work.atom/kdelibs-4.5.4/cmake/modules/FindDocBookXML.cmake
> and see if anything in there would cause it to fail on your system.
>
> cheers
> mark

OK here is the problem, I have LOCALBASE=/opt/pkg

The relevant configure output is as follows:

-- Could NOT find DocBook XML DTDs (v4.2)  (missing: DOCBOOKXML_CURRENTDTD_DIR)
-- Could NOT find DocBook XSL stylesheets  (missing: DOCBOOKXSL_DIR)

When I setup the following symlink:

ln -s /opt/pkg /usr/pkg

It finds docbook-xml and docbook-xsl:

-- Found DocBookXML: /usr/pkg/share/xml/docbook/4.2
-- Found DocBookXSL: /usr/pkg/share/xsl/docbook

I don't know anything about cmake, but it looks like a pkgsrc bug to me. It
shouldn't assume that all users will have it under /usr/pkg.

Perhaps someone knows a proper fix for this?