Re: x11/libFS and x11/xproto pkgconfig

On 29 Nov 2010, at 12:35, Jakob van Santen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to build x11/libFS (from current) and am running in to dependency
> issues. After building the dependencies (including x11/fontsproto and
> x11/xproto), the configure script fails to find a pkgconfig file for xproto:
>
> checking for FS... configure: error: Package requirements (xproto fontsproto)
> were not met.
>
> work/.buildlink/lib/pkgconfig/ contains only the following:
>
> fontsproto.pc ->
> /net/local/software/v2/RHEL_4.0_amd64/lib/pkgconfig/fontsproto.pc
>
> /net/local/software/v2/RHEL_4.0_amd64/lib/pkgconfig contains both
> fontsproto.pc and xproto.pc. Somewhere a symlink isn't being generated
> properly. Where should that be happening?
>
> Cheers,
> Jakob

In case any other pkgsrc newbies run in to the same confusion, this is a
generic feature of USE_BUILTIN.xproto ending up as "yes," which happens if
${X11BASE}/include/X11/Xfuncproto.h exists. When USE_BUILTIN.${_pkg_} is set to
yes, _BLNK_PKG_INFO.${_pkg_} gets set to "true," no packing list is returned,
and no symlinks are generated in work/.buildlink.

Sorry for the noise,
Jakob