Re: Reviving wip/jdk15

On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 08:48:12AM +0100, Francois Tigeot wrote:
> I'm more worried about correctly undeleting things first. Some of the
> documentation on CVS I've found talk about directly manipulating RCS
> files in the repository, which seem a bit extreme to my tastes.

In your pkgsrc/wip directory, run "cvs up -d jdk15" to checkout the (empty)
package directory again (typical -dP will prune empty directories at the
end of a cvs update).  Copy your work into that directory, and "cvs add"
all the individual files (including patches in the patches/ subdir), then
commit.

This way your files will get a revision number linearly following the
previously existing ones, instead of going back to the vendor branch.

        Geert

--
Geert Hendrickx  -=-  ghen%telenet.be@localhost  -=-  PGP: 0xC4BB9E9F