Re: Problem with gem1.8

On Fri, 05 Nov 2010 19:39:32 +0900, Filip Hajny <filip%joyent.com@localhost>
wrote:

CONFIGURE_ARGS+=--enable-wide-getaddrinfo

is in pkgsrc for SunOS.

Thanks. Removing this option on my SunOS systems fixes the problem for me. I
couldn't find any conclusive documentation on this option, but it seems it has
to do with IPv6. Our systems (Solaris Nevada) can do IPv6, but we do not use it
(and do not have any IPv6 plumbed on interfaces).

I feel it is the knob for using getaddrinfo(3) from WIDE project instead of
system one.
It may be required for old Solaris.

--
OBATA Akio / obache%NetBSD.org@localhost