Re: latex broken?

Thomas Klausner <wiz%NetBSD.org@localhost> writes:

>> On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 09:13:15AM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
>>
>> I have print/teTeX installed, and am losing on hyphenation.  Any clues?
>> Is this working for others?

>> Local configuration file hyphen.cfg used
>> (/usr/pkg/share/texmf-dist/tex/generic/babel/hyphen.cfg
>> (/usr/pkg/share/texmf/tex/generic/hyphen/hyphen.tex)
>> ! I can't find file `ushyphmax.tex'.
>> <to be read again>
>>                    \relax
>> l.370   \repeat
>>

> I had a similar problem and found out that my etc/ had too old files.
> I removed the tex part of etc (since I hadn't modified any of the
> files there anyway) and reinstalled the tex packages to fix it.

Thanks!  I removed /usr/pkg/etc/texmf/texmf.cnf.  Then nothing worked,
but pkg-add -U kpathsea-6.0.0.tar.gz fixed everyhing.  I also pruned
some other things in /usr/pkg/etc/texmf, and now all files were from the
latest round of updates.

It seems buggy to have what are labeled config files when really they
don't seem to be.  Or maybe only buggy that my old one wasn't
automatically replaced - I'm pretty sure I never tried to touch it.