Re: pkgsrc quarterly vs. current?

Now I see, checking the updates in NetBSD/pkgsrc packages and FreeBSD ports,
updates to NetBSD/pkgsrc packages have slowed to a crawl.

I guess this is because of the freeze for the upcoming quarterly pkgsrc?

As for distfiles, I believe many sites, open-source developers, would take down
old versions, thus if one's pkgsrc or FreeBSD ports tree is behind the time,
the distfiles will have been superseded by newer versions.  Once bugs have been
discovered and a newer version produced, it's logical to take down the older
tarballs.

Tom