Re: Is pango still broken? (vim-gtk2 won't build)

    Date:        Sat, 18 Sep 2010 12:39:29 +0100
    From:        Patrick Welche <prlw1%cam.ac.uk@localhost>

  | Overall there are 2 things:
  | - I think the Ian is running NetBSD 5.0.2, and is probably hitting
  |   gtk+ configure failing while trying to work out pango compile flags
  |   because for some reason cairo doesn't see symbols in libpixman.

I've seen that, or something that is very probably that.  But

  |   (I have no idea why - take a look at gtk2's config.log output...)

I haven't had time to do this one yet (so no reports of problems from me yet)
But from what I saw in make output, it thinks pango doesn't exist.

  | The -current "work around" if that is what it is, is
  | cd /usr/src/external/mit/xorg/lib/pixman

This is not suitable for me - when I build packages I start each build
in a newly installed NetBSD 5.0 - any modifications/additions need to be
things that pkgsrc manages for itself, it cannot assume system upgrades
(the binary packages that get built then need to be able to be moved to
various other NetBSD 5.* systems - which is why I always build on 5.0,
there's no way to require that they get some other magic upgrade.)

Tomorrow I might get a chance to investigate what is happening, if it
isn't fixed before then.

kre