Re: duplicating pkgsrc installation

Am 15.08.2010 um 22:27 schrieb Stefan Schaeckeler:

> Hi all,
>
> On one computer, I have installed several hundreds of pkgsrc packages. I want
> to install exactly the same packages on a different computer (also different
> architecture). Is there an easy way to do that?
>
> Stefan

Hi Stefan!

There are two ways of doing it. If the second machine is of the same platform
(which does not seem to be?), you can just copy /usr/pkg and /var/db/pkg to the
other machine.
The second method is to use pkg_chk -g on the first machine to generate a list
of all installed packages there and copy the file /usr/pkgsrc/pkgchk.conf to
the second machine to the same location and run there pkg_chk -a. In the second
case you will have to compile /usr/pkgsrc/pkgtools/pkg_chk first and it will
require to compile all packages and their dependencies again. The advantage of
the second procedure is that you can install packages on e.g. amd64 that were
installed in i386 (or other) previously. This is also a nice way to keep all
installed packages up-to-date :-)

hope this helps,
Damian