Re: cups 1.4.3 working on usb?

Apparently cups 1.4 added a new libusb-based USB printer driver, and
this is causing problems quite widely (on Linux as well).  The standard
Linux advice seems to be to remove the "usblp" module, which seems to be
analagous to our ulpt(4).  That seems unreasonable, because then one
can't "cat foo.ps > /dev/ulpt0" when cups is not working.

Apparently debian has a patch to allow cups to have both backends
compiled, so people can configure either one.

In the meantime, I wonder if the libusb option should be off by default.
I rebuilt 1.4.3 with options "-libusb", and I can print.