Re: Pkgsrc on linux, defective by design ?

On Mon, May 31, 2010 at 09:45:07PM +0200, Ross Cameron wrote:
> Out of total curiosity (and I know I shouldn't be asking this but anyhow)
> WHY are you trying to use PKGSRC on CentOS?  There is little sense to be
> made of that.

Some people are stuck with an OS they cannot choose, but wish to run other/
newer software on it or have a more flexible package manager.  That's where
pkgsrc (often unprivileged) makes perfect sense.

        Geert

--
Geert Hendrickx  -=-  ghen%telenet.be@localhost  -=-  PGP: 0xC4BB9E9F