strange problem with java applets in firefox on NetBSD 5 STABLE

I have recently installed NetBSD 5_STABLE and a load of packages from pkgsrc,
including firefox, openjdk and icedtea.
Previously, I was using jdk15 from wip, and the old java-plugin, I suppose.

I am using a banking solution which apparantly stores a keystore locally; this
used to work fine, however now I get permission errors.

I found a page mentioning similar problems (but on Ubuntu, and offering no
solution: http://www.keyongtech.com/4526314-good-news-update-on-java), and a
link to a test page, which I tried, getting the same error.
http://www.bodo.com/javame.htm

Entering this page with a browser started from a terminal, I get this on stderr:

Looking for 0xb2f9524c 0xb374eeb0 0xb97b96e4 (document)
("java.lang.RuntimePermission" "accessClassInPackage.sun.awt")
        at
java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(AccessControlContext.java:345)
        at
java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(AccessController.java:555)
        at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPermission(SecurityManager.java:549)
        at
net.sourceforge.jnlp.runtime.JNLPSecurityManager.checkPermission(JNLPSecurityManager.java:281)
        at
java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPackageAccess(SecurityManager.java:1529)
        at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:322)
        at sun.font.FontManagerFactory.getInstance(FontManagerFactory.java:85)
        at sun.font.SunFontManager.getInstance(SunFontManager.java:241)
        at sun.font.FontDesignMetrics.getMetrics(FontDesignMetrics.java:264)
        at sun.java2d.SunGraphics2D.getFontMetrics(SunGraphics2D.java:781)
        at SineText.initPoints(SineText.java)
        at SineText.init(SineText.java)
        at sun.applet.AppletPanel.run(AppletPanel.java:434)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:717)
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
net.sourceforge.jnlp.NetxPanel.getAppletClassLoader(NetxPanel.java:140)
        at sun.applet.PluginAppletViewer.<init>(PluginAppletViewer.java:370)
        at
sun.applet.PluginAppletViewerFactory.createAppletViewer(PluginAppletViewer.java:122)
        at sun.applet.PluginAppletViewer.parse(PluginAppletViewer.java:1823)
        at sun.applet.PluginAppletViewer$7.run(PluginAppletViewer.java:1746)
        at sun.applet.PluginAppletViewer.parse(PluginAppletViewer.java:1755)
        at
sun.applet.PluginAppletViewer.handleMessage(PluginAppletViewer.java:484)
        at
sun.applet.PluginStreamHandler.handleMessage(PluginStreamHandler.java:295)
        at
sun.applet.PluginMessageHandlerWorker.run(PluginMessageHandlerWorker.java:72)
java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to handle message: handle 33566765 for
instance 4
        at
sun.applet.PluginAppletViewer.handleMessage(PluginAppletViewer.java:547)
        at
sun.applet.PluginStreamHandler.handleMessage(PluginStreamHandler.java:295)
        at
sun.applet.PluginMessageHandlerWorker.run(PluginMessageHandlerWorker.java:72)
        at
net.sourceforge.jnlp.NetxPanel.getAppletClassLoader(NetxPanel.java:140)
        at sun.applet.PluginAppletViewer.<init>(PluginAppletViewer.java:370)
        at
sun.applet.PluginAppletViewerFactory.createAppletViewer(PluginAppletViewer.java:122)
        at sun.applet.PluginAppletViewer.parse(PluginAppletViewer.java:1823)
        at sun.applet.PluginAppletViewer$7.run(PluginAppletViewer.java:1746)
        at sun.applet.PluginAppletViewer.parse(PluginAppletViewer.java:1755)
        at
sun.applet.PluginAppletViewer.handleMessage(PluginAppletViewer.java:484)
        ... 2 more

A little system info:

avalon:~ $ pkg_info|grep -E 'jdk|firefox'
firefox-3.6.3       Web browser with support for extensions
openjdk7-1.7.0.78.20100102nb3 Open-source implementation of the Java Platform,
Standard Edition
openjdk7-icedtea-plugin-1.11.0.20100111 Java browser plugin
avalon:~ $ uname -a
NetBSD avalon.strangemagic.org 5.0_STABLE NetBSD 5.0_STABLE (GENERIC) #0: Tue
Apr 20 14:56:21 CEST 2010
lhp%shangrila.strangemagic.org@localhost:/home/lhp/netbsd5-branch/netbsd5-branch/objdir/sys/arch/i386/compile/GENERIC
 i386

I had tested applets on the java.sun.com page, and found no problems, so I have
deleted my old setup. :-(
Right now, I am thinking about how to find out whether it is the icedtea
plugin, og the JDK that is causing the problems.
As I very much need access to my bank, I would appreciate any kind of help and
suggestions.

/Lasse