Re: is it a Xen strange behavior or a NetBSD one?

On Tue, 18 May 2010 00:46:00 +0200 (CEST), erinlalouve%free.fr@localhost wrote:
> xenstore-read: couldn't read path /local/domain/0/backend/vif/6/0/bridge
> Failed to read /local/domain/0/backend/console/6/0/script (No such file
or
> directory)
> Failed to read /local/domain/0/backend/console/6/0/script (No such file
or
> directory)
>
> I use a NetBSD 5.1_RC1 amd64 has Dom0 and DomU but I tried with 5.0.2
and
> I have the same problem with exactly the same log file.
>
> Don't know what to do... Is it an hardware/software limitation that I
> forget to change, or something else?

The "script" entry warning is harmless.

You will get more information by checking the logs in /var/log/xen* , as
well as dmesg.

Of interest, usually, failing to start multiple domUs is due to missing
/dev/vnd* nodes in /dev. To mount disk image files, the scripts use
vnconfig(8), and if all are already consumed by previously started domU,
vnconfig/mount will fail.

# cd /dev
# ./MAKEDEV vnd4 vnd5 vnd6 ...

NB: you should rather post this on port-xen@.