Re: Successful bootstrap on HP-UX 11.11, but only using openssl$

On Tue, 11 May 2010 22:09:04 +0000
Paul Ackersviller <pda%sdf.org@localhost> wrote:

> I'd obviously like to find out whether I overlooked something easier
> than all the above contortions.  Also, would there be a way to build
> the netbsd openssl package before having bootstrapped pgsrc?

It really shouldn't depend on OpenSSL to exist at all during bootstrap.
HPUX.mk even has a default of PREFER.openssl?=pkgsrc because I know
there are multiple quirks with the built-in openssl.
It's possible I don't have the openssl development headers installed on
my machine which would explain why my bootstrap worked.
Please open a PR about this issue.

-Tobias