Re: make update package

On Mon, 10 May 2010, jmaier%happymolars.com@localhost wrote:

> I am doing a make update, but want to make package at the same time.  In
> the past, I've tried a make update package, but I seem to remember this
> ended up compiling the package twice.
>
> What is the correct way to do this?

Pkgsrc now builds packages first (at least for most packages which
support the destdir feature). So should get a package automatically.

I'd just do:
  make package
  make update

Or if that doesn't work because of missing destdir support:
  make update
  make package

Compiling twice ... that may have been in "pkg_install" package because
it overrides the update target which does a "clean". (I don't know
why.)