Re: Adding a gnome-lite package

On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 10:53:52AM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:

> Julio Merino <jmmv84%gmail.com@localhost> writes:
>
> > Heh, pretty much the rationale I was following in my gnome-lite :-) I
> > like it.
>
> I don't like the word -lite, because it's not an upstream term and not
> proper English.

NetBSD was based on 2 separate distributions of 4.4BSD lite.  ''Lite''
is a known, recogni[sz]ed, and clear-functioning adjective which
describes its use as a pared-down alternative to the original.  There
are numerous corollaries in brandnames in RL.  As such I think
''lite'' is much better than any alternative.

Regards,
Alistair