Re: Ruby 1.8.7p249 and Ruby 1.9

In message <4BA7F16E.1040106%flame.org@localhost>
        on Mon, 22 Mar 2010 15:38:38 -0700,
        Michael Graff <explorer%flame.org@localhost> wrote:
> It would be lovely to have packages for thee.  1.8.7p249 has a problem
> on NetBSD with the pthreads code, and appears to have some other
Yes, 1.8.7p249 has critical problem with pthread code and it was the
reason why I didn't update but add patches to fix security problem.

> problems as well as I could not get the tests to pass.  However, the
> tests for the current version in pkgsrc also fail...
Note, NetBSD isn't officially supported platform by Ruby.

        http://redmine.ruby-lang.org/wiki/1/SupportedPlatforms

So, don't expect to pass all tests of Ruby althogh some Ruby's
developpers work on problems on NetBSD...

> Note that Ruby on Rails 3.0 will require Ruby 1.9.
That's a bad news (at least for me).

Anyway, I'm (very) slowly working on Ruby 1.9 support.

--
Takahiro Kambe <taca%back-street.net@localhost>