Re: Bootstrapping pkgsrc for Ubuntu - problem with ftp

On Sat, 13 Mar 2010, Brian Candler wrote:

> => Bootstrap dependency tnftp-[0-9]*: NOT found
> => Verifying package-install for ../../net/tnftp
> ===> Checking for vulnerabilities in tnftp-20070806
> => Fetching distfiles
> ftp: o: unknown option
> fetch: Unable to fetch expected file distfiles
> ftp: o: unknown option
> fetch: Unable to fetch expected file distfiles
> ftp: o: unknown option
> fetch: Unable to fetch expected file distfiles
> ftp: o: unknown option
> fetch: Unable to fetch expected file distfiles
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop.
> bmake: stopped in /u/home/brian/build/pkgsrc/net/tnftp
> *** Error code 1

I recently installed pkgsrc on Debian Linux and CentOS Linux. You don't
need to use wget nor set any FETCH* option. It also doesn't need to
download tnftp source as that is already included in pkgsrc.

Maybe you defined something in your mk.conf that is breaking or
overriding this.

Yes, that "ftp: o: unknown option" error is coming from your local ftp.

But I don't understand why it attempts to download it. Your output above
is different than what I get trying on my Debian system right now.

How did you check out your pkgsrc?

Just to get an idea of how new your pkgsrc is, please show output of

ident pkgsrc/mk/mysql.buildlink3.mk

ident pkgsrc/net/tnftp/Makefile