Re: firefox-3.5.6: Back/Forward keys do not work

On Sat, 20 Feb 2010 14:48:44 +0200
Aleksey Cheusov <cheusov%tut.by@localhost> wrote:

> On NetBSD-5/x86_64 in firefox-3.5.6/pkgsrc-2009Q4 "Go back on page" and
> "Go forward one page" keys do not work, e.g.
>
> 1) I enter file:/// url
> 2) Click on 'bin'.
>
> The same happens with http:// urls.
>
> Does anybody experience the same problem?
> Any clue?

I have seen this issue before and it is usually an installation problem
that causes some browser components to not load. If you have updated the
package, make sure there is no lingering xulrunner process left running.
Also make sure you are using the wrapper script in /usr/pkg/bin/firefox
and not the stub binary.

Should the above not help, please build xulrunner with the debug option
and run:

/usr/pkg/lib/xulrunner/xulrunner /usr/pkg/lib/firefox/application.ini \
-safe-mode -no-remote

Send me the stdout/stderr output and I will have a look at it.

Kind regards,
-Tobias