Can't build xine-lib pkgsrc2009Q3, Netbsd 5.0.1_PATCH

Using the default settings and locations, I did the following from /usr/pkgsrc:

   cvs update -Pd
   (cd multimedia/xine-lib && rm -fr work patches && make distclean
depends-clean clean)
   vi multimedia/xine-lib/Makefile.common
          Commented out the line
             CONFIGURE_ARGS+=   --without-external-ffmpeg --disable-ffmpegtest
   (cd multimedia/xine-lib && make install)

Commenting out the line in Makefile.common makes no difference I still get:

   checking libdir name... lib
   checking for FFMPEG... no
   configure:
   xine-lib is configured to use internal ffmpeg.

   This copy of ffmpeg is old. You are strongly advised to install a
   newer version (including development files) and to reconfigure
   xine-lib to use it.
   checking for int_fast8_t... yes
   checking whether lrintf is declared... yes
   checking whether rintf is declared... yes
   checking for memalign... no
   checking for X... libraries /usr/X11R6/lib, headers /usr/X11R6/include
   checking for X... checking whether -R must be followed by a space... no
   checking for gethostbyname... yes
   checking for connect... yes
   checking for remove... yes
   checking for shmat... yes
   checking for IceConnectionNumber in -lICE... yes
   checking X11/extensions/XShm.h usability... no
   checking X11/extensions/XShm.h presence... yes
   configure: WARNING: X11/extensions/XShm.h: present but cannot be compiled
   configure: WARNING: X11/extensions/XShm.h:     check for missing
prerequisite headers?
   configure: WARNING: X11/extensions/XShm.h: see the Autoconf documentation
   configure: WARNING: X11/extensions/XShm.h:     section "Present But Cannot
Be Compiled"
   configure: WARNING: X11/extensions/XShm.h: proceeding with the compiler's
result
   checking for X11/extensions/XShm.h... no
   configure: error: XShm extension is required
   *** Error code 1

   Stop.
   make: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/multimedia/xine-lib

This is what pkg_info tells me about autoconf:

   : pkg_info|grep autoconf
   autoconf-2.64       Generates automatic source code configuration scripts
   autoswc-1.6         Generates system wide cache files for GNU autoconf
   autoconf213-2.13nb1 Generates automatic source code configuration scripts
(old version)

There appear to be other packages that use XShm.h successfully?

Where did I go wrong?

TIA,
Paul