with an existing profile I get just one of these.  Then xulrunner-bin
dumps core.  gdb gives this backtrace:

(gdb) bt
#0  0xba2fd22f in kill () from /usr/lib/libc.so.12
#1  0xba3212c4 in raise () from /usr/lib/libc.so.12
#2  0xbae4f5f3 in XRE_LockProfileDirectory () from
/usr/pkg/lib/xulrunner/libxul.so
#3  0xbbbded53 in pthread_sigmask () from /usr/lib/libpthread.so.0
#4  0xba31ea08 in swapcontext () from /usr/lib/libc.so.12

Note that if I start /usr/pkg/lib/firefox/firefox directly, instead of
using the /usr/pkg/bin/firefox script it does appear to start (after
popping up two dialog boxes that disappear like earlier) but then after
the initial firefox window starts it appears to wedge and the firefox
process has two threads, one blocked in sawait and the other in poll.

First question - has anyone successfully used firefox 3.5 on netbsd-4?

Second question - any suggestions on making this work?

Cheers,
Simon.